Moodle is a free, open-source software platform .
Both the word ‘mood’ and the word ‘dole’ are derived from Latin to mean ‘to feel’.
All students can take part in moodle ins planas by creating their own learning communities.
There are around 1,200 plugins for moodle ins can planas , which can provide additional features for users.
Moodle is very flexible with its content management system which means that it can be used to deliver a variety of online courses on any topic imaginable.
One of the main features of Moodle is that it uses a journaling system on one page rather than pages with individual tasks.
The aim is to avoid student boredom and increase student engagement. To do this, Moodle will automatically create a journal entry when a course has been completed
Moodle uses grades in order to monitor student progress … well, sometimes .
There are 450,000 people using Moodle every day, about 10% of them are students. Moodle is available in over 99 languages and has been translated into over 40 different languages.
Advantages of Moodle :
1. Moodle is a free platform.
2. It is an online-based learning management system .
3. Moodle provides face-to-face learning in real time .
4. Moodle gives students the chance to develop interaction skills with other people in the learning community through the ‘chat’ feature on moodle ins can planas, which allows students to discuss topics in real time with other members of the social network.
5. Students can access their coursework when they are at home, when they are on holiday or even while they are at school by logging into their moodle ins can planas account.
6. Moodle is an international learning platform that can be used by many different people from many different cultures and backgrounds.
Disadvantages of Moodle :
1. It can be difficult to set up and start using moodle ins can planas.
2. Moodle is not as secure as other platforms .
3. Moodle has a reputation for its security breaches .
4. It is not easy to customise moodle ins can planas .
5. Moodle provides the option of being able to enrol in courses on any topic at any time, but students may feel discouraged if they are ill or have other commitments that they need to prioritise over taking a course at the same time as another course they are enrolling into online .
6. Moodle does not have an offline function, i.e. you need to have access to the Internet in order to use it.
7. Moodle can be difficult for students who are new to computers .
8. Some schools have their own system that works well for them and do not want to change to another platform, even though moodle ins can planas is free .
More features about Moodle :
1. Moodle has a blog available to learners and teachers.
2. The forum that is provided on moodle ins can planas, which is another feature that enables communication between the learners and the teachers.
3. Moodle provides training for people who want to use it.
4. Moodle helps students to learn by providing them with an online textbook if they wish to follow their coursework in this way .
5. Moodle provides many different ways for students to revise for exams … and revision games and quizzes, videos and websites etc .
6 . It has a chat feature where students can interact with one another in real time, which helps them develop communication skills … This also helps them study together .
7. Moodle provides encouragement for students who are finding it difficult to complete their coursework.
8. Moodle provides many different types of activities for students to choose from including webquests, quizzes, games, simulations etc …
9. Moodle has an information system that tells learners how far they are along in their coursework and how much time is left to complete the coursework.
10. Moodle allows students to work on their coursework at home without having access to the Internet … This is useful for people who do not have access to the Internet at home or who do not want others using their computer or laptop when they are not using it themselves …
11. Moodle enables students to study using the learning styles that they prefer, e.g. auditory learners can use their laptop or computer to play videos, for touch learners they can work with others on projects, for visual learners they can create graphs and tables etc .
12. Moodle tests feature multiple-choice questions or true/false questions or even essays where students are required to include references .
13 . It has an online discussion forum where people can discuss their coursework with one another .
14 . Moodle provides glossaries that help students to understand difficult vocabulary terms that are used in the courses they are taking .