A fun way to start the new year is getting some exercise during these cold months. Try one of these tips that will help you stay active this winter season! Now put on all those warm layers and head outside with loved ones (or alone!) you’ll have more energy than ever before come springtime thanks to staying fit as we wait for warmer weather.
- Bundle up and go outside
- Cook with friends and family
- Make time for personal wellness, like self massage or meditation.
- Plan your day in advance so it’s easy to get out of bed when the alarm goes off!
- Plan out your day. This will help you stay on track and not procrastinate.
- Enjoy activities with friends or family. The people we love make life so much more rewarding, so spend some time with them!
- Prepare for success by setting realistic goals (and remembering that it takes 21 days to form a habit.)
- Keep active by going outside for walks, bike rides, or other forms of exercise. Do something every few hours to get up and move around!
- Be mindful about how much screen time you’re getting (especially if you have children who watch TV and play video games for hours each day.
If you’re looking for some fun, healthy ideas on how to stay active during your holiday vacation, then we have great ones lined up below:
Find a sport
Get off the couch each day and take a quick walk around the neighborhood or park. Don’t worry about going too far; a 5-minute walk is enough to keep you in shape.
Find a sport or activity that your whole family can enjoy together, like skiing, skating, sledding, ice fishing and more! You’ll not only feel the physical benefits of being active but also share quality time with loved ones.
Get outside during daylight hours as often as possible even if it means going for an evening stroll while bundled up in warm winter gear. Engaging in outdoor activities will help boost your mood and energy levels due to the natural light exposure (yes, there still are some!).
Don’t neglect releasing endorphins on vacation by planning something different each day: try yoga one morning followed by indoor rock climbing later that afternoon; take a spin class one day and attend an ice skating show the next.
Make your own fun!
Who says you have to be on vacation? You can stay active by organizing family game nights, making holiday crafts together or going sledding after snowfall (even if it’s just in the backyard!).
Blogging is a great way to share your expertise, teach others what you know and build your credibility. This fitness guest post teaches readers how to stay active during these colder months.
Tips for Keeping Warm without Heat in winter days
How do I know if my thermostat needs adjusting?
- There are several signs that may suggest your temperature might be too low: an excessively high electric bill, cold drafty rooms, headaches and discomfort while sitting at work or home office desk.
- Think about it like buying food, buy what makes sense! If you’re not able to stay warm with layers of clothes outside, think about how much more insulation they’ll offer if you’re wearing them.
- If the heat is on, but not working well enough to keep your home warm, invest in a space heater or additional furnace filter for when it’s really cold outside.