Lissandra utilizes her ultimate, embracing the power of the dark void to remove all negative effects from herself and those around her.”
Lissandra has a few tricks up her sleeve. She is one of the few champions who has a spell that can remove any debuffs from you and those around you, as well as healing.
In this article, I will be talking about lissandra ult cleanse and what it does specifically. This ultimate is very useful for laning against a high amount of crowd control or pressure if you find yourself low on health or mana early on in the game.
Cleanse is more than just a negative debuff and more than just a heal and here is why:
CC: Since Cleanse can remove even some of the biggest crowd control effects, such as Morgana’s Cripple, you will be more free to move and react to any harass.
The damage reduction on Cleanse allows you to survive some of the most damaging spells such as Malzahar’s ultimate Voidling or Viktor’s ultimate Time Bomb.
It will also help you survive some poke from the enemy laner.
Heal: Cleanse can heal those around you if they are low on health as well as yourself if your health is already quite high.
How to cleanse lissandra ult :
1. When Lissandra is in range of an enemy champion, she can cast Cleanse on them to remove all current debuffs from herself and those around her.
2. If you have a high amount of crowd control on yourself, such as a Malzahar ultimate or a Leblanc ultimate Ethereal Chains, you can use Cleanse to remove them from yourself and those around you.
3. If the enemy laner has predicted your ultimate and used it on you, such as Ashe’s Volley , you can use Cleanse to remove it from yourself and those around you.
4. If you find yourself in a dire situation and low on health and mana, you can use Cleanse to remove any negative effects from yourself and those around you.
5. If the enemy laner has used spell shields such as Lulu’s or Blitzcrank’s , your ultimate will not be used up since it has no effect on any spell shields.
How to counter lissandra :
1. If you are good at dodging skill shots, you can avoid Cleanse.
2. When Lissandra is trying to use her ultimate to cleanse herself and the enemy champion , the enemy can use an active shield to prevent it from happening, such as Ashe’s Volley.
This means that if Lissandra casts her ultimate on the enemy champion , they instantly will have a shield in place.
If you dodge the ult, they will have no effect in using Cleanse on themselves or you.
3. If you are in range for your ultimate but have no debuffs, your ult will not be used up in healing or removing negative effects from yourself or the enemy champion .
4. If you are close enough to your ultimate and have no negative effects, your ultimate will not be used up in healing or removing negative effects from yourself or the enemy champion .
5. If you auto attack or use an ability on the enemy champion , such as Yi’s Double Strike , it will nullify the effect of your ultimate since it has no effect on auto attacks and abilities.
6. If you use an ultimate on yourself, such as Blitzcrank’s Rocket Grab , the effect of Cleanse will be nullified and therefore wasted.
The ult can only remove negative debuffs from other champions and those around you; however, if you were to use it on yourself, those effects would still remain.
7. If the enemy has a silence on their ultimate, you will not have it removed even if you have a silence yourself. The same goes for a disability that prevents themselves from being able to use their ultimate.
8. If the enemy has a knock up or disable on their ultimate, you will not have it removed even if you have a knock up or disable on your own.
The same goes for a disability that prevents themselves from being able to use their ultimate.
9.As mentioned before, if you use an ultimate on yourself , it will incur no effect on Cleanse since it has no effect on auto attacks or abilities.
If your ultimate is cast on the enemy champion , it will be used up in restoring your health and removing any negative effects from yourself and those around you.
This can be used to bait out their ultimate if they are trying to set up for a snare or stun, giving you an opening to kill them.
10. If the enemy has crowd control that cannot be removed by Cleanse, such as Morgana’s Cripple , they can cast an ability before casting Cleanse which will prevent Cleanse from being used at all.