Search engine optimization is a complicated subject, which is why it’s so important to have the ultimate checklist. Imagine being able to use SEO to take your business from surviving on page 30 of search, all the way up to first place!
This guide will show you how with 30 easy-to-implement strategies that are guaranteed to work. The tactics are split into three sections: on-page SEO, backlink building and advanced SEO. The Perez Notes has some more information on the ultimate SEO ranking checklist.
You’ll also find handy checklists that cover everything from server settings and email marketing, all the way through content marketing and customer relationship management.
Think of this as a reference guide that will be with you for the rest of your time in business. By the end, you’ll have a huge number of options available to you for delivering your website’s traffic from the search engines.
Building a website that ranks high in search engine standings requires a lot of technical know-how and creativity. And it’s not as easy as just following the steps and using the latest techniques because there are so many outdated practices out there. That’s why we put together this list of 30 strategies for you to implement on your site, all backed up with reputable sources and expert opinions to help you rank higher than ever before.
With these tactics, your site will become an irresistible destination for prospects , higher rankings translate into more traffic, more leads, and ultimately more conversions.
Here are some more tactics-:
1.Make Sure Mobile Browsing is a Priority
- Invest in Quality Content
- Build an Affiliate Program
- Create a Guest Book
- Identify Best-Sellers
- Invest in Reputable Backlinks
- Design for Mobile Optimization
- Update Site on Time
- Include Videos on Your Home Page
- Create a List of “Popular” Content Items to Promote
- Use SEO Landing Pages on Evergreen Pages to Increase Page Views and Lead Conversion Rates
- Optimize Your Content for SEO
- Optimize Title Tags
- Implement Schema Markup
- Get “Fresh” Links from Blogs
- Outrank the Competition with Content Like This
- Use Google Webmaster Tools
- Use Google Analytics to See What Works and What Doesn’t for Organic Traffic
- Get Social Media Fans on Your Site by Creating Awesome Content People Want to Share on Social Media Sites Like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, FourSquare, etc..
- Create a Blog
- Use Mobile-Friendly Content
- Use a Calendar to Schedule Updates for Each Page on Your Site So SEO Rankings Stay High
- Optimize Meta Descriptions for Long-Tail Phrases
- Create a Link Directory of “Resources” People in Your Niche Would Find Useful
- Create a Page of “Popular” Content Items to Promote
If you’re ready to up your rank, read on-
1. Get Rich Snippets with Schema.org
Google introduced rich snippets in 2009 to reward sites that are doing a good job at providing search engines with relevant information. The two types of rich snippets are summaries and star ratings. Summaries are created by using the schema.org type microdata, while Google turns review scores into stars when they hover over the score.
You can use both to make your site more attractive in search engine results pages (SERPs).
For detailed instructions on how to implement rich snippets, read this post by Google.
2. Use Video Search Engine Optimization Tactics
Not only has video search engine optimization become more popular over the last few years, but it’s also a great way to rank higher in SERPs.
Video content differs from other types of content because it can directly engage visitors and lead to conversion goals. It’s also easier for visitors to share videos on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter , which can definitely improve your site’s rankings.
To learn more about the potential benefits of using video on your website, check out this article.
3. Install Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools is an essential service offered by Google that enables webmasters to improve their websites’ visibility in search results pages. To be added to this program, you have to pay a yearly or monthly fee, depending on your website’s size and activity.
However, it’s definitely worth it because you can get free tools for optimizing your site with structured data markup and site speed analysis. You can also use these tools for checking errors on your site or requesting changes with Google directly by submitting a request form.
4. Do an SEO Audit
An SEO audit is essential if you want to know where your site stands in terms of search engine rank and what you can do to increase your position. Run an audit every 6 months to 1 year, or when you’ve made big changes on your site like adding new content, changing navigation options, or launching a new marketing campaign.
The Google Search Console allows you to perform an SEO audit of your site without hiring an expensive consultant. You can also use other services like Webconfs or SEO Powersuite for additional data on how well your website ranks compared to competitors.
5. Optimize Your Site’s Speed
Optimizing your site for speed will help you increase your conversion rates, which is a ranking factor for Google. It also helps to increase the amount of time people spend on your site, which improves overall traffic and engagement.
Since visitors expect a fast-loading page nowadays, you have to do whatever it takes to meet their expectations. Be sure to check out this article from Google about how they view site speed in search engine rankings.